When you choose to purchase a dehydrator, you are committing to eating healthy as it doesn’t work on fattening foods like cheeseburgers. It reinforces healthy food choices. You will be able to dehydrate bananas, peaches, cherries, kale, apples, pineapples, mangos, tomatoes, peppers, kale and so much more.
A dehydrator will also allow you to go on the raw diet if you want. The raw food will be a lot easier for you to digest and will make dieting a lot easier. You will also be able to dry your own herbs and save money. It’s also a fun activity for you and your children to do together. You can rest assured that you won’t be wasting food, because you can dry them and keep them for later.
Best Food Dehydrator Reviews
There are various dehydrators on the market that you can choose from, and often it can be quite overwhelming to find the right product for you. Most people do not know where to start when it comes to buying the best dehydrator, and that is why we have compiled the top six dehydrators on the market. We have collected all the important information you’ll need to know before buying a dehydrator and put it in this article. This way, you won’t have to overwhelm yourself. By the end of the article, you will be able to make a well-informed decision.
This one is an updated model that boasts of a digital display as well as non-stick sheets that can prove very handy when removing food. It is a very compact dehydrator and thus, it is perfect for small spaces and small batches of food. It provides great value for your money, and it has many features that might make it the right choice for you.
It has a digital timer and an adjustable thermostat, and the trays can be removed so that it can be cleaned easily. The parts are made from non-stick materials such as six stainless steel trays, and inner and outer casing. You can rest assured that these casings will prove to be of no harm as all materials are BPA free. The drying system is horizontal, very easy to use and it results in consistent drying every time. The door is also transparent so that you can easily see the progress inside the dehydrator.
- Weight – 11.46 pounds
- Manufacturer – Vitality 4 Life
- Includes – 1 non-stick sheet, 1 fine mesh sheet, and 1 drip tray
- Digital display – 19.5-hour timer
- Adjustable thermostat – 35 to 70 degrees Celsius
- Horizontal airflow is more effective for even heat distribution.
- Compact and yet good for medium or small batches of food.
- Transparent door ideal to monitor the progress of the process.
- Non-stick sheets for a hassle-free process.
- Removable trays for easy cleaning.
- You can choose from black and white, depending on the decor of the rest of your kitchen.
- All materials are BPA free.
- It is not too pricey and can adhere to many budgets.
- It is very well built.
- The display is not as big as other models.
- Not ideal for very large batches or commercial use.
This food dehydrator boasts of ten layers which you can use for quite a large batch, ensuring that you do not waste time and money on power. It provides an efficient hot airflow circulation by using a horizontal and vertical flow at 360 degrees cycle heating. The fan is very powerful, ideal for overall dehydration. Due to its high efficiency, it is also energy saving. For your peace of mind, the light inside the machine is explosion-proof.
You can dehydrate meat, vegetables, tea, fruit, and more. It is all made of stainless steel and is ideal if being used for commercial use.
- Weight – 10 Kg / 22.05 pounds.
- LED intelligent operation panel
- Voltage – 120V, 50/60Hz
- Power – 1000W
- Noise – 35 – 50db
- Dimensions – 465 x 400 x 430 mm
- Adjustable Thermostat – 30 – 90 degrees Celsius
- 10 layers
- Digital timer – 0-24 hours
- Low consumption and energy saving.
- Ideal for commercial use.
- 360 degrees cycle heating.
- Very high quality build.
- Bigger unit and yet very lightweight and easy to move around.
- Large glass in front, so that you are able to see what is happening without having to open the dehydrator.
- Explosion-proof light.
- Easy to clean.
- It is a bigger model so it is not ideal for small families.
- The degrees are only shown in degrees so if you prefer Fahrenheit you would need to convert it.
This one is yet another dehydrator model that is ideal for families. It consists of six stackable trays that are food-grade stainless steel. The touch-control is very intuitive, which makes things a lot easier. It works by effectively circulating hot air which removes the moisture in the food, leaving you with dried food that you can keep stored and eat later.
The bacteria and fungi in food is removed, which in turn results in no spoiled food and less of a health risk. This piece of machinery is made from stainless steel and is professionally built. It also consists of a transparent door from which you can look through to monitor the progress.
- Dishwasher safe
- Timer – 30 minutes – 48 hours
- Adjustable temperature – 95 – 165 degrees
- Automatic shutoff
- Memory function
- Included – mesh screen and fruit roll sheet as well as a free recipe book with 50 original recipes
- 6 stackable trays
- Weight – 23.4 pounds
- Manufacturer- Consori
- The item is well built.
- Ideal for families.
- Long timer hours.
- A recipe book included.
- It is very easy to use.
- Made of stainless steel and even though very well built it is still lightweight and easy to move around.
- When it comes to cleaning it is not so easy as compared to the other models in the market.
- This dehydrator is not cost efficient
This type of dehydrator is very compact due to the fact that it is more rounded than other models, it can stay in a corner of the kitchen with a bit more ease. It consists of five stackable drying trays and 500 watts of power. The continuous flow of air and heat will ensure overall drying on all the food inside the machine.
The Hamilton Beach 32100A comes with an adjustable thermometer that ensures better performance, as well as a timer with an automatic shutoff. It also comes with mesh sheets in order for you to dry garden herbs or puree fruit. Place it on the solid sheet to make homemade fruit roll-ups.
- 48-hour time with automatic shutoff
- Clear lid
- Adjustable digital thermostat – 100 – 160 degrees Celsius
- Power – 500 watts
- Includes – one fine-mesh sheet and one solid sheet
- Weight – 8 pounds
- Manufacturer – Hamilton Beach
- Very lightweight, compact, and easy to move around.
- Still able to dehydrate a good batch of food.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Low cost while still providing the same service.
- Clear lid, so you can see the food underneath.
- It includes a fine-mesh sheet and a solid sheet.
- Small, so not ideal for commercial use or larger batches of food.
- Although the lid is clear you cannot see all the food stacked.
- Most of it is made of plastic, so it might not be as heavy-duty as other models.
This dehydrator is a rounder version which makes it compact for a kitchen corner or the inside of a cupboard. It will not take up too much space, and due to the fact that it is also lightweight, you will be able to move it around without too much hassle.
This is the ideal model for beginners new to drying food. It is very quiet and safe to use, as it is 100% BPA free and FDA compliant. It is also very easy to clean and saves you time. It does not cost as much as other models, proving to be a great value for your money. The Cosori circulates hot air effectively for overall drying, giving food an extended shelf-life. The timer has an automatic shutoff and the dehydrator boasts a memory function, touch control as well as 48-hour dry time.
- Dishwasher safe
- Touch-control LED display
- Temperature – 95 -165 F
- Automatic shutoff
- Includes – mesh screen and fruit roll sheet and recipe book
- 5 trays
- Voltage – AC 120V 60Hz
- Power – 450W
- Weight – 9.25 pounds
- Manufacturer – Cosori
- Very lightweight and compact.
- Automatic shutoff.
- Very quiet as to not disrupt the home.
- Very easy to clean and store away.
- Very cost-efficient.
- Ideal for medium and small families.
- Ideal for beginners.
- Not ideal for bigger batches of food.
- You cannot see the food under the first layer.
- Not as much power as others.
This is a larger model when it comes to food dehydrators and in fact, it is the most costly of them all. It is made of high-quality material and consists of nine trays for larger batches of food. Although it is not as compact as other models, it is not too heavy at 22 pounds. Therefore, it is still easy to move around wherever you need it.
This model is ideal for larger families and individuals who have more space and need this piece of machinery. It includes poly screen tray inserts that prevent food from sticking to it, which makes the whole process hassle-free. It has a 7” inch fan and a built-in on and off switch, as well as a 26-hour timer and an adjustable thermostat for easier and more customized use.
- Weight – 22 pounds
- Manufacturer – Excalibur
- 10-year limited coverage
- Nine-tray, 15 square food capacity
- 26-hour timer
- 7-inch fan
- Power – 11- volts, 600 Watts
- Ideal for bigger batches of food.
- The fan is highly capable for even drying.
- Ideal for more professional users.
- Well built.
- Very easy to use and to clean.
- You cannot see the food inside while it is dehydrating.
- The shape does not make it very compact.
- Not ideal for people who do not have enough space.
If you are looking for a professional grade dehydrator, you should go with the BioChef Arizona, the 10 layer food dehydrator, the Cosori, or the Excalibur. They all have more layers and you can do more batches of food at a time.
Beginner – More Compact
If you are looking for something more compact, cost-efficient, and ideal for small families or beginners, then you should go for the Hamilton Beach or the smaller Cosori model. These models are rounder and easier to move around and store. Although they do not have as many trays as the bigger models, they can still provide a beginner or a small family with enough space for food.
We hope that this review was informative enough and that you are now ready to make your purchase. You know exactly which dehydrator is the ideal one for you. It is very important to read the best food dehydrator reviews online before you make any decisions regarding buying, so you always get the best one for you.